Sunday 9 October 2016

Augustus to Aurelian - Second Play-Test


It's October and I haven't posted this month! Sorry about that but life has taken over with trips abroad and extra time needed with the day job.

So just to let you know that wargaming is still front and centre I am highlighting a post I have done on the Devon Wargames Group blog page covering a game we played yesterday which was the second play test of 'Augustus to Aurelian' the ancients rule set by Phil Hendry.

With the Dacian Wars collection moving nearer to the front of the queue I was keen to have another go with the rules and using a scenario put together by Phil Hendry, but with a few home brewed changes. As you will see, we had a very good game at the club.

I really like these rules and with some changes made in basing my units started with the last unit of auxiliaries featured I am really looking forward to getting stuck into this project.

So if you would like to know more about yesterdays game and my thoughts, just follow the link to the DWG bog page.

http://devonwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/augustus-to-aurelian-battle-on-river.html

Next up, back to the Spanish cavalry with the Alcantara Regiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment