Tuesday 21 December 2021

Salute 50 - South London Warlords

 

With the Festive Season well underway and another wargaming year fast coming to a close, thoughts naturally turn to planning next year's events, which is being made all the more problematic given the current uncertain situation around Covid.

My eighteen months of not attending any wargaming shows came to an end last month and I am hoping that the normal scheduling of shows will eventually return to its more predictable pattern instead of the understandable scramble to stage shows that we saw this year, but that meant many of us had to choose which we would attend as the year closed out.

This week I was contacted by the South London Warlords organising team to let me know that next April's planned Salute show would not now be going ahead, due in main to the current uncertainties and the messing around the calendar has been subjected to, seeing the last show run last month and very little time now left to organise another for next April.

My last Salute was back in 2019, here visiting the chaps from Battlefront, showing me their amazing CAD designed plastic range of model tanks

Thus the 50th Salute show, and I can't quite believe it's been that many, but then I and friends have been going on and off to Salute since the early eighties when it used to be run in the Kensington Town Hall, is now scheduled for April 2023.

South London Warlords, Salute-50

Salute is a flagship show for the hobby and with a vibrant array of companies and businesses bringing new products into wargaming here in the UK it serves as a magnificent showcase for the latest and best games, rules, and miniatures in the hobby so I wish the South London Warlords all the best for 2023.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get over next year, but it seems it is cancelled for 2022.

    All the best for 2022, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt,
      Yes I know, the situation is really frustrating with all the effort put into vaccination programs and now contradictory reports on how this virus might or might not have a potential to disrupt normal life.

      Keep the faith, I'm sure things will improve and a new normal will occur.

      Happy Xmas and a Prosperous New Year to you.

      JJ

      Delete