Saturday 14 June 2014

Hesse-Darmstadt 2nd Battalion Gross-und- Erbprinz Regiment


With the completion of the Hesse-Darmstadt 2nd Battalion Gross-und- Erbprinz Regiment the first component of the German Division is done.


As with the 1st battalion, the unit is composed principally of Warmodelling figures with a lone AB officer in the front rank pointing his sword towards the enemy. The Colour is from Maverick Models.


If you would like to know more about the regiment and some of the sources I used in its construction then check out my previous post from last month on the 1st battalion.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/hesse-darmstadt-1st-battalion-gross-und.html





The Hesse-Darmstadt Regiment complete



8 comments:

  1. Really nice Jonathan. I have a soft spot for the smaller nations who don't always get front billing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, thanks mate. Me to. I have been looking forward to doing the units in the German Division for over 18 months, with the figures sat in my to do box.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, I really like the minor allies, they seem to be more distinctive than endless "boys in blue". Be good to see them in action. Have fun, JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JJ, thank you. I'm hoping to have these guys in battle by the end of the year as I work through the first Talavera scenarios.

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful regiment, excellent work, love the skirmishers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil. I was inspired by your animations to add a bit of musket smoke to the parade pictures.

      Delete
  4. Great brushwork, as always. The campaign look including havelocks is not often seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Jon. Yes the figures from Warmodelling really capture that campaign look, that I wanted for this Division. I have seen several illustrations of the troops efforts to protect themselves from the Iberian sun and these models capture the look perfectly.

    ReplyDelete